101 Ways to get more Website Traffic you should know!
Getting website traffic is always a challenging job that many people facing everyday for their own online business. Every online marketer, businesses, entrepreneurs usually admire traffic for their sites. So that, in this article I’m going to introduce to you below 101 ways to get more website traffic. You can research and apply these useful ways to your business now and see the results.
- How to Have Google Index Your Blog or Website Speedily?
- 7 Ways to get Backlinks in order to Boost your Website Ranking this year 2018
- Best ways to Renewal Domain at Godaddy active currently
- Top 5 Free Online Tools to check Google Blacklist for your site
101 Ways to get more Website Traffic you should know!
1. If a niche related forum that you frequently visit allows signatures, then make sure to add your website URL in there.
2. Review some related products on epinion.
3. Make sure to view related products on Amazon. You can try and take some customers from your competitors here by providing your own URL if the product is similar.
4. Review websites in your niche on Alexa or on other sites to try to take some of their traffic by including a reference back to your site.
5. Advertise your website in the appropriate categories on Craigslist. Try posting your ads in the most populated cities in the world.
6. Write and submit articles. It is a classic, but it works. This will be indefinite website traffic stuck in the search engines for you. Write quality unique articles, not articles that are rehashed or provide no insight to readers, which is a huge problem these days.
7. Write and ping blog entries. Always make sure to link back to your main website with your blog posts. Try making multiple blogs and have them all link back to one main site. This way is also known as a PBN
8. Make sure your website is listed in DMOZ
9. Write and submit press releases, think PR web after you do one. There’re many guys offer this service on Fiverr and Seoclerks, you can find them on there.
10. If you purchase a product that you actually like, then feel free to give an individual respect when respect is due and leave a testimonial. You should be able to get some website traffic from that website if your testimonial is left with a URL.
11. Encourage readers to comment on your blogs.
12. Include a translation feature for your websites/blogs, especially in Chinese.
13. Tag blog posts at social bookmarking sites, especially at del .icio .us. It’s no longer possible to save bookmarks on this.
14. Politely ask your readers to subscribe to your RSS feeds. For example, the eCoupon.io RSS feeds
15. Tag blog photos at Flickr.
16. Add some images to your blog with appropriate keywords by using ALT tag and description.
17. Try coining your own term. Might want to trademark it if you smell that it will become popular in the near future.
18. Whenever you send an email to someone, always add your website URL as a signature. Sometimes, this way reminds the recipient to visit your blog.
19. Keep updating quality content on your websites or blogs. And try at least once per week.
20. Do not be boring, write about something that a wide select of people would want to know about.
21. Make sure to edit your writing (unlike what I’m doing).
22. Sponsor a charity, most charities will link back to your website, and you are also doing a good deed.
23. Sell an item on eBay as a charity auction. Most charities will link back to both your auction and your main website.
24. Comment on other related blogs. This is one of the most popular ways to get backlinks as well as traffic to your site. Example if you have a site in the technology niche, then you need to find some blogs relate to your site and do comments on them. Write quality comments related to the post and sometimes you add a link back to the post on your site.
25. Make a custom 404-error page for your website. You can provide a link back to your main website or even try to monetize it by offering a related affiliate program within your niche.
26. Start a publicity campaign, do something that individuals in your niche will take note of.
27. Contact small newsletters sources offline and submit articles to them. If you’re lucky you will be popular in the local business.
28. Hold a crazy contest that people in your niche will talk about. This will equal more links and website traffic to your website.
29. Build a tool that individuals in your niche will love and enjoy. Then give it away for free. If the tool is helpful, then you will get quality one-way links to your website.
30. Brand your website with a logo and a slogan/catchphrase. Think of big brands like IBM, Microsoft.
31. Make something innovative. If you are selling information, what makes your content something you cannot get from the local bookstore, Barnes and noble or even eBay for that matter?
32. Give speeches offline. Start small and local. Also, do not forget to participate in Toastmasters meetings in your area.
33. Have a GREAT product. All of the marketing/advertising in the world will do you NO good if your product is sub-par.
34. Become friends with editors of an offline publication. By this way, you will have more chance to get your articles to be published online if they’re quality enough
35. Is your product groundbreaking? Will you leave individuals with no choice but to talk about your product or service?
36. Get a custom t-shirt made with your website URL on it, and wear it often when you go out.
37. Write good content, if your writing is good then people will share it with their friends. In addition, webmasters will use it as content on their website with a reference back to your article, or at least they should.
38. Spark emotions. If you get people emotional about something then they will most likely talk about it.
39. Are you selling something that wide groups of people want to know about but there is limited/scarce knowledge?
40. Build a list of subscribers. Your list likes a golden asset to you if it’s utilized correctly.
41. Write tip articles, such as “10 Useful Tips for You to Make a Decent Business Site!“
42. Buy website traffic from the search engines by utilizing one of their PPC campaigns such as Google Adwords or Facebook Ads
43. Open up a MySpace account and find targeted friends so that you can promote your services to them. Do not spam people, myspace is cracking down on spammers and is starting to sue people.
44. Purchase the misspelled versions of your domain name and have it redirect to your main one. Read more: What is a Domain Name? Where should you buy?
45. Have an easy to remember domain name. If your domain name is too long or not memorable then people may forget your site. If you have a budget, think about premium domain names
46. Add a bookmark option to your website or blog. However, people are now using the bookmark feature of web browsers instead of this.
47. Solicit a link from your local chamber of commerce.
48. Use keywords in your image alt tags. For example, <img src=”godaddy-renewal-coupon.png” alt=”Godaddy renewal coupon” />, with the keyword “Godaddy renewal coupon”
49. Make sure to include appropriate keywords in your title tag and summary text. Search engines show more prominence or importance to keywords here.
50. Place appropriate keywords in your anchor text when doing backlinks.
51. If you have a profile anywhere online, always include appropriate keywords and link back to your website.
52. Try to get links from websites within your niche with a high DA (Domain Authority) (read more: What is Domain Authority?). Some the more one-way links (inbound links/backlinks) you have to your website, the higher your authority will become. Authority is important because websites with higher DA tend to have a higher position in SERPs. It is a no-brainer that if you can get number 1 for a competitive keyword then you will have enough website traffic that you can handle.
53. Outsource grunt work. Time is in essence money. You can hire individuals at freelance services to send emails, request JV proposals, or answer questions from prospective or current customers.
54. Offer something for FREE. Abracadabra is not the magic word, FREE is. It is like a worm on a pole for a fish in the water. it’s bait! Offer a free domain coupon or free ebook to help collect more subscribers. You can always offer a back-end to monetize on this opportunity, such as an affiliate product for example.
55. After someone orders from you a one-time offer that compliments your product. For example, if I offered a traffic e-book, then after the individual purchase it would make sense for me to offer a website traffic conversion bonus for a limited time only.
56. Become the virus within your niche. Make yourself the bug and have people talking about your product. When people talk about your product then you can induce the viral effect. However, you must give people a reason to talk about you, and be like everyone else is not one.
57. Do your research and find expensive niches to tap into. A good way to do this is to find how expensive someone is paying for a keyword on a PPC search engine. If you can sell items that are more expensive more often than it is a quicker way to get rich.
58. Become an active respected member of niche related forums. You can do this by offering quality posts. Hint, it is not the number of posts you make, it is the quality. Remember, quality or quantity. Many useless or negative posts will have people looking at you funny.
59. Test, test, test. Your flushing money down the toilet if you’re not testing to see what campaigns are bringing you in the most money compared to which ones are costing you money. When you test, you can eliminate the campaigns that are costing you dollars so that you can properly maximize your marketing efforts. Without proper testing, you are pretty much lost and can’t improve. You can only guess what has or what is working. With proper testing, you do not guess, you know.
60. Stay up to date on what is going on in the world, you can monetize off hot topic trends.
61. Network, when you know more people you can find people that can help you get what you need.
62. Offer an affiliate program for your product or service. Make sure to let your satisfied customers know that you have one. If they like your product then they will be even more delighted to know that they will get money for referring you.
63. Write and give away a free e-book or report. It does not have to be long as long as its quality information neatly formatted and put together. You can also make a brandable ebook or report and allow affiliates the opportunity to brand their affiliate links in there to pass on to the next individual. You can then send this e-book to your subscribers or submit it to e-book directories.
64. Add viral components to your blog such as social bookmarking options, and a refer a friend option.
65. Be funny, people like something that will make them laugh and they will spread it for you if it is a genius idea.
66. Syndicate your content by using an RSS feeds on your website.
67. Answer people’s questions on Yahoo! answers, Quora or any Q&A sites you know with a backlink to your website in the sources area.
68. Put a link in the about me section of your eBay profile.
69. Make and upload a viral video to Youtube. Use appropriate keywords in the video description for your target audience.
70. Record an informative podcast and submit them to popular podcast directories.
71. Provide helpful answers for Google Adsense on their help forum with a link back to your website. Go here to check it out: http://groups.google.com/group/adsense-help
72. Get people to comment and add content to your site. When they do this, they will provide you with unique content, no need to pay for ghostwritten articles. This method is also known as Guest post or Guest blogging
73. If you cannot get JVs, then try to bribe webmasters for sponsored advertising space on their newsletters.
74. Include a media section on your website so that you will give the media an easy way to stay up to date on what your company is doing.
75. Try to teach a class at your local community college or university. The more exposure you get in the public, the more credibility you will receive.
76. Make a screensaver and make it easy for individuals in your niche to download it. Have eye-candy graphics combined with your company logo to brand yourself.
77. Write something controversial and spread it freely to your target market. It can be something as idiotic as the Da Vinci code, but as long people talk about it, it’s a successful campaign. A few hints, something controversial is something that goes against established beliefs in your market.
78. Write and publish a book. Having your own book is a quick way to gain credibility.
79. Take a guru in your niche out to lunch, and pay for it.
80. Start an organization or club about something. This can be done online through Yahoo! or Google groups.
81. Volunteer. Donate your time to a good cause you can always network with people and form connections at the same time.
82. Get involved in your community and try to run some type of outreach program.
83. Offer good customer service, you may be surprised on how many referrals you get just be having a reliable one.
84. Consider adding a direct mail marketing campaign to your marketing strategies.
85. Put an ad in your local yellow pages to get some local customers. Yellow pages tend to be more successful than newspaper ads because individuals are looking for a particular service when they are browsing through the yellow pages as opposed to newspapers.
86. Post bulletins in your local supermarket. However, since not everyone may carry a pen or pencil, place your contact information and URL on strips on the bottom so that individuals can rip it off and take it with them.
87. Host your own commercial so you can put “as seen on TV” on your products.
88. Conduct surveys and publish them. These make you appear as an expert in your field of study.
89. Break a record or shoot to be in the Guinness world records for something.
90. Make a sitemap for your website, like the sitemap of eCoupon
91. Use a favicon for your site. An example of eCoupon’s favicon file here
92. Make your visitors more involved in your website. You can help accomplish this by adding CGI scripts to your site.
93. Make sure you have no any broken links on your site. And make sure that your website shows clearly in all browsers. Use the plugin Broken Link Checker to check
94. Find domain names which already had website traffic, then purchase them, and have them redirected to your website.
95. Spell correctly whenever using keywords in writing.
96. Look at sites related to your niche to try to figure out how they get their website traffic.
97. Properly optimize your website for the right keywords.
98. Try to avoid java scripts on your website as much as possible.
99. Do not use frames on your website. Learn more about website frames at Wiki
100. If your website becomes popular and starts getting lots of website traffic, try switching to a dedicated server. The longer your site down equals the more lost visitors you will face.
101. Write a quality 101 article about a steamy topic that people want to know more about in your niche.
Source: 101 Ways to get more website traffic You Should Know!
Great post with some super useful information!
Thanks for your nice thought!
Your tips are really grateful. You have mentioned about answering questions on Yahoo Answers. I would like to do one more addition as Quora platform for answering questions also.
Answering relevant questions on Quora with link to your website products/services will also be helpful in building traffic.
Thank you! You’re welcome! Quora is one of the best Q&A sites now!
Good post. I am a new website owner. Most important tips for me.
You’re welcome 🙂