Compare Web Hosting Types – Some Pros and Cons
Compare Web Hosting Types – Some Pros and Cons. As you know that, Web hosting is one of the essential core elements of the internet age today. Web hosting is not only used to host your websites but also to host all your digital assets such as your photos, albums, music MP3 files, HD movies,…
Table of Contents
To understanding, this is very easy and essential. And, it’s also important that you need to clear out which are your needs in the digital environment before making a hosting buying decision.
Read more: What is Web Hosting?
1. Free Hosting
As per its name, free web hosting service is totally free of charge. All you need is to register an account with one of the free hosting providers. Free web hosting services are typically appropriate for common internet users such as personal websites or personal bloggers. Using free hosting is the best way to save a lot of money with a small volume of traffic and usage. However, when using free hosting services, you need to consider some pros and cons before making any decisions
|– Using with free of charge
– Using with small demands or personal website and blog
|– You must use a long subdomain name with hosting provider name (such as yourname.hosting.com)
– Using with very slow traffic and resources, especially RAM & CPU usage limitation
– Using with small ads on your website from hosting providers
– Some restrictions on files, scripts, software storage, installation,…and much more others
– Using with lack of security and maybe without database installed on it
– Using with no technical support from the provider
There are many cheap shared hosting providers now in the internet arena. Most typically are using one or more single server to share the same hosting resources among many clients. This is an acceptable solution for small and medium websites, both for personal and business or many other purposes which do not need high volume traffic and resources. Almost shared hosting using Linux as the operating system. While also have a few using Window for a small price per month.
|– Most common use by a wide variety of requirements, from personal to small or medium businesses
– Almost shared hosting plans are cheap but there are some specific plans with the additional fee
– Almost shared hosting plans come with a free domain name
– Always have technical support via ticket, live chat, email or support forum
– Easy for upgrading to the higher plans when needed
– Because they use a single server to share resources with many clients, so there are some security risks introduced
– Because using shared resources, so if your websites have a huge traffic or use much CPU resources, you need to upgrade to the higher plans
– If one site getting harmful to the server, others may be affected too due to using a shared single server.
– You’re maybe restricted to using some programming language and file types supported. (it’s based on each hosting provider)
3. Re-seller Hosting
As per its name, re-seller means that you buy and sell again your services. With this plan, you can build up your own company about web hosting services, using your hosting resources to sell to someone.
|– You can build up your own hosting company using reseller hosting plans
– There is very little maintenance required
– You need to buy a power re-seller plan from some hosting providers and sell again
– You can ear more profit by selling many hosting packages
– May be you will need to give a fast technical support to your clients in case they need an urgent help
– You have a little control over your hosting resources
4. Virtual Private Server (VPS)
Virtual Private Server (VPS) is one of the web hosting techniques that bridge the gap between a Dedicated server and a Shared hosting server. With VPS servers, you will have more power resources and controls with your hosting account.
|– VPS hosting is more powerful compared to shared hosting and free hosting
– You will have a full and flexible control over your assigned resources
– It costs you less expensive than a full Dedicated hosting plan which uses a physical server
– Many VPS plans can be customized to meet your requirements, so you pay for what you want
– You will need a little bit technical skills to manage well your VPS hosting
– It’s more expensive than a Shared hosting for customers who just need a little resource
5. Dedicated Hosting
A Dedicated hosting server, Dedicated server, or Managed hosting server is a kind of Internet hosting in which the client leases an entire server and doesn’t share with anyone else. This is more flexible than Shared hosting, as organizations have a full control over the server(s), include of choosing the operating system, hardware, etc. There is also another level of dedicated or managed hosting commonly referred to as complex managed hosting.
|– You will have a complete control over your server, and you will be the only one using it
– The dedicated server always has a powerful hardware such as RAM, HDD, CPU,…
– The dedicated server always has a high performance for medium or large business enterprise clients
– It’s more expensive price than others hosting types like shared hosting or VPS hosting,…
– You will need an expert technical support in order to control or customize for a specific purpose
6. WordPress Hosting
This is a specific hosting package providing to users whose have blog or website built on specific WordPress CMS. These types of hosting will be customized to work well on the WordPress platform and have almost full support for WordPress technical if clients need
- What is WordPress Hosting and What you need to know!
- What you need to know when buying hosting for WordPress website
|– It’s built to maximum support on the WordPress platform
– Your WordPress website will work faster and more stable on this kind of hosting
– You will receive the technical support for WordPress reliable
– You will always receive all WordPress update quickly
– Your hosting security and privacy is always assured
– This kind of WordPress hosting is typically more expensive than normal shared hosting
– Maybe you don’t have a full control as much as you want over your hosting
– You will need a basic technical as well as knowledge of WordPress platform
You will need to pay more attention to research your website requirements before making any decisions. However, knowing well about these hosting types will help you very much in choosing the right packages for you. Remember, before buying anything, try to find hosting provider promo codes. This sometimes will save you a lot of bucks :). Read more: How to choose a good Web Hosting Provider for Your Business
I’ve already had the article about the comparison of many hosting providers. I think you will need to know too. Please visit here to read Top Web Hosting Reviewed by eCoupon.io
Good luck to you!