What is a Domain Name? Where should you buy?
What is a Domain name? Domain Name (DN) is one of the most important factors in your website. For easy to understand, it’s the web address of your website. If someone wants to visit your website, they must know and remember the website address name instead of the group of number IP Address. It works like your home address, it needs to be easy to remember and easy to find. Below I’m going to explain to you deeply what is a domain name
Table of Contents
- 1. An example of a domain name
- 2. Some of the popular domain extensions you should know
- 3. Some Domain name’s characteristics you should to know
- 4. How to choose the best domain name?
- 5. Where to buy a domain name?
- 6. Others useful domain name coupon codes you may need
What is a Domain Name?
- What is a Premium Domain Name?
- What is Domain Authority?
- Guide to manage domain and point domain at GoDaddy
1. An example of a domain name
Normally, each domain name contains 3 parts and has the structure like below
1.1. In among of that
www: the prefix of the domain name, this is an option, you can visit ecoupon.io without www.
ecoupon: the main domain name
io: the suffix of the domain name, it’s also called domain name extension
1.2. Totally, domain names are hierarchy into 3 levels
- Domain level 1 (also called Top Level Domain – TLD): such as godaddy.com, google.com,…
- Domain level 2 (secondary level domain): such as google.com.sg,…
- Subdomain: they’re from domain level 1 or level 2, such as drive.google.com, mail.google.com,…
2. Some of the popular domain extensions you should know
|.COM||Commercial||Currently, this is the most popular extension on the internet. It’s chosen by almost companies and businesses,…|
|.NET||Network||The second most popular extension now. It’s also used by companies, internet services providers or organizations that related to internet fields|
|.BIZ||Business||It’s used for small business websites, small eCommerce businesses,…|
|.GOV||Government||It’s used for companies, organizations that own by government|
|.ORG||Organization||It’s usually used for non-profit organizations or eCommerce companies/organizations,…|
|.EDU||Education||People use this extension for schools, universities, or education organizations,…|
|.INFO||Information||People use this extension for websites that sharing information or resources about many fields,…|
|.TV||Television||People use this extension for websites about television streaming, videos sharing,…|
|.MOBI||Mobile||People use this extension for mobile websites or mobile apps…|
3. Some Domain name’s characteristics you should to know
- Your domain will be activated instantly after you bought successfully and provided full information
- You can not buy a domain name that has already existed. You just only buy when it was deleted from a registrar.
- Your domain names’ length and content do not affect to website load.
- Your domain should have maximize 63 characters (include the extension .com, .net, .edu, .gov,…)
- You can buy domain names as many as possible, no limited.
- Your domain must only contain characters in the alphabet (a-z), numeric (0-9), and hyphens (-). All spaces and other special characters are invalid
- Your domain must not begin or end with hyphens (-)
4. How to choose the best domain name?
The best domain name is the right one that brings effectiveness to your business. So that, you should research very carefully and deeply about the market and business in order to choose the best one for you. Normally, people are tending to remember domains that are short, memorable and easy to spell.
If your website is in specific markets, you should also choose the domain related to your brand or products. You can choose the name base on the keyword which people tends to search or products which people are usually easy to remember and pronounce. In the future, the domain keyword also helps you to improve quickly in SEO strategies.
5. Where to buy a domain name?
There are tons of domain providers (domain name registrars) in the world nowadays. If you’re in choosing a process and don’t know which one to choose. So you should consider these factors below
- Truth and high reputation domain name registrars
- Always have the cheap price for people
- Available to support and contact if needed (24/7)
- The annual renewal price
- The transfer policies and support team
Currently, you can easily buy your own domains at a very cheap price from many well-known domain providers such as below:
I’ve had this article about the Top 10 best places to buy your domain name from, I think this will help you a bit. If you’re going to buy domains at Godaddy then you should read this article How to buy a domain with Godaddy
6. Others useful domain name coupon codes you may need
If you want to buy domain names at Godaddy at a cheaper price, just only for 99 cents. Please visit here to get >>> Godaddy 99 cents domain coupons active and latest
Or, if you want to buy domain names at NameSilo with more $1 discount, please visit here to get >>> NameSilo coupon on .COM domain registrations just $4.99 latest
If you want to buy domains at Namecheap with 10% off, please visit here to get >>> Namecheap coupon code with 40% Off VPS hosting latest
More, if you want to buy domains at Domain.com with 35% off, please visit here to get >>> Domain.com coupon – Up to 35% off All new orders latest
If you want to buy domains at MyDomain with 15% off spending $30, please visit here to get >>> MyDomain coupon – 15% off when spending $30 latest
More if you want to buy domains at Dotster with 25% off, please visit here to get >>> Dotster coupon discount code – 25% off active and latest
If you want to buy domains at 123-Reg with 10% off .COM and 66% off .CO, please visit here to get >>> 123 Reg coupon code – 10% Off .COM domain active latest
If you want to buy domains at 1and1 with 99 cents, please visit here to get >>> 1and1 coupon code 99 cents domain and hosting latest
Good luck to you,